- This event has passed.
American Heart Association and CDC COVID-19 & CVD Webinar
Tuesday, May 5 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
American Heart Association and CDC Webinar
May 5, 2020
12:00pm-1:00pm Eastern Time
Purpose: To provide an update on the current status of COVID-19 in the United States, its relationship with cardiovascular disease.
Format: The session will be dialog driven and will feature public health and clinical insights.
- Dr. Eduardo Sanchez, MD, MPH, FAAFP
Chief Medical Officer for Prevention
American Heart Association
- Dr. John Brooks, MD
Chief Medical Officer, CDC’s COVID-19 Response
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Response
- Dr. Larry Sperling, MD, FACC, FACP, FAHA, FASPC
Executive Director of Million Hearts
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The current understanding of the implications of COVID-19 infection for individuals living with cardiovascular disease.
- COVID-19 and cardiovascular disease and health disparities. What the data may tell us.
- The importance of seeking care and treatment for acute cardiovascular disease events.